banner image
Sedang Dalam Perbaikan

Down on the farm

Image from Pixabay
Is it me, or is academic peer reviewing taking (another) nose dive?

I have just been invited by the editor of an online open access peer reviewed journal to review an article.

They matched me to the article on the basis of my CV which they say is 'academically striking'. (I'm not sure what that means...)

The article they have 'aligned' to my expertise is entitled: “Farmers Coping Strategies to Face Labour Shortage in Northern and Southern Dry Zones of Karnataka.” 

Clearly they checked the wrong CV.

If I'm honest, after 20 years of working in a mainstream academic environment, the only agricultural concept I'm entirely familiar with is how to handle copious amounts of manure.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has been invited by 'editors' of 'academic journals' to review articles that are far removed from their expertise area. 

I think we should be told. 

Creative Commons License
Down on the farm by Steve Wheeler was written in Plymouth, England and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Down on the farm Down on the farm Reviewed by MCH on May 14, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.