banner image
Sedang Dalam Perbaikan

EU elections

The elections to the European Parliament – one that cannot propose laws, but where some representatives may at least talk to each other – are getting started. Here in Czechia, the polls open at 2 pm today, on Friday, and continue tomorrow when they end at 2 pm, too. After the first day (almost), the Czech turnout is 5% so it is totally plausible that the total turnout will be below 10%. Compare it with over 80% in Crimea, for example, or 75% in Donetsk and Luhansk regions.



As I have already mentioned, I am planning to vote for Petr Mach's Party of Free Citizens for the first time. He got 2.5% in the latest parliamentary elections which was impressive and there are polls that suggest that he has a chance to get 5% this time. The vote isn't necessarily lost. If he gets above the threshold, and I hope it's enough, it will have one MEP, namely Mach himself.




In my opinion, he has thought a lot about the problems and dangers posed by the ongoing processes and trends in the European Union. I expect him to raise relevant ideas. He is a free-market advocate and a teacher of economics. All these things are positives from my viewpoint.




Especially if you are a European reader, I am interested in your decisions whom to vote.
EU elections EU elections Reviewed by MCH on May 23, 2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.