banner image
Sedang Dalam Perbaikan

Dreams Do Come True


If you've been following my blog for awhile you know that I've been wanting a new master bedroom dresser for years now. 


Our dresser was a hand-me-down from my husbands step-dad. We've moved it from house to house and honestly there were no plans in the immediate future to purchase a new one. It was a solid dresser that got the job done. There was always a part of me though that wanted something lighter and maybe just a little more "special". 

Way back in March of last year (2011) I found a dresser at Downeast that I fell in love with. 


I actually blogged about it a little bit in this post. This dresser is the Hampstead Long Dresser from Williams Sonoma Home. 


It retails for almost $4,000. It wound up at Downeast because it was missing that beautiful marble top. Because of that they had it marked down to $2,000 that first time I saw it in March. It was still way more than I could ever spend so I tried as hard as I could to shove it out of my mind. But for the past year now I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I would literally day dream about it in my bedroom and how amazing it would be. 

Last week Downeast was having their annual tent sale and I saw the dresser marked down to $999. A fourth of it's retail price! But still it was more money than we could spend on a new dresser that we didn't' really need. So once again I tried to shove it out of my mind. We stopped by a few days ago to look at sectionals and I couldn't help to check if the dresser was still there and it was. It had now been marked to $799 plus they were offering an additional 30% off! I spent the rest of the day trying to convince my husband to let me buy it and I think he could see how I was obviously in love with it because he consented! 


Can you hear angels singing in the heavens? I can. 

I also had a gift card to Downeast so my total ended up being around $500. For us that is still a lot of money to spend on a piece of furniture but compared to what we would have spent if we bought it brand new it feels like a steal. Plus we were able to sell our brown dresser and put that money towards the new one. 


Although it's missing it's amazing marble top I still love it. And who knows maybe one day I'll have one cut to fit it. It's such a quality made piece of furniture. I love how tall it is too. 


The moral of this story is that sometimes I think items in our home are "meant to be" there. The fact that this dresser waited around over a year for me to buy it makes me feel like it belonged in my home all along. Sometimes all it takes is a little convincing of our husbands and a really great sale! 

To get all the sources for items in my master bedroom and home go here

Dreams Do Come True Dreams Do Come True Reviewed by MCH on June 06, 2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.